Handle all popular video and audio formats with one high-performance playback unit
As a remote-controllable, professional-grade 4K UHD Blu-ray player, the Tascam BD-MP4K is the perfect choice for a wide range of commercial installations requiring ultra-high definition image quality, including public, educational and commercial facilities, theaters, amusement and entertainment businesses, to name but a few.
Occupying only one height unit in the rack, the compact BD-MP4K saves space by eliminating the need for discrete audio/video playback devices in an installation rack. It accepts a broad range of media and file formats from discs (Blu-ray, DVD, CD), USB flash devices, SD cards or even Samba network shares on a NAS or remote server through Gigabit Ethernet.
Easy integration into media systems
For integrated media systems where remote control operation beyond infrared is desired, the BD-MP4K offers both RS-232C and IP network connectivity. The unit’s RS-232C port enables seamless, reliable two-way control between devices with status feedback, while Gigabit Ethernet simplifies integration into larger systems with mutual control between components.
In addition to remote control operation, all playback functions can be accessed locally from the front panel if desired. There are also separate lock features for panel, tray and IR remote control to prevent accidental changes or non-authorized use.
Connection of display monitors or televisions is quick and easy via two plug-and-play HDMI ports on the rear panel which support both HDMI 2.0 and 1.4 (audio only) formats.
Typical Tascam: A bit more of everything
When it comes to professional audio quality and commercial integration, the BD-MP4K is pure Tascam. Individual connectors for 7.1 Surround Sound are provided on the rear panel for fully immersive, rich audio playback in any installation. Professional-grade XLR balanced stereo analogue outputs as well as RCA unbalanced stereo outputs are also available. And a coaxial output can deliver professional-grade digital audio formats including Dolby, DTS, and two-channel linear PCM (SPDIF).
With its high image resolution and superb audio quality, support for virtually all common media and file formats and comprehensive connection and configuration options, the BD-MP4K meets even the highest demands making it the ideal choice for professional use in permanent installation or touring.
Playback From a Variety of Media Types
The versatile BD-MP4K supports a wide range of media formats including Blu-ray, DVD and CD as well as files on USB Flash Memory, SD cards and network shares. As a single-source playback device, the BD-MP4K eliminates the need for discrete audio/video playback devices in an installation. The extensive range of supported file formats includes
- video formats like 3GP, ASF, AVI, DAT, M2TS, MKV, WMV, MOV, MP4, MPG, OGM, TP, TS,
- image formats like JPEG, GIF and PNG as well as
- audio formats like AAC, APE, FLAC, MP3, WAV, and WMA.
Ports for External Media
An SDXC slot on the front panel and and a USB 3.0 port on the rear allow fixed or interchangeable access to external media.
Playback From Network-Attached Storage (NAS) or File Servers
Using a Gigabit Ethernet connection, the BD-MP4K can play back files located on a remote server and accessible via a Samba network share (SMB/CIFS)
Features at a glance
- Single-rackspace 4K/UHD Blu-ray, DVD, CD and solid-state player
- Controllable via Ethernet network, RS-232C or wireless remote control
- Plays video and audio material stored on following media:
- 4K/UHD BD, BD25, BD50, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE
- DVD-ROM, DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW
- CD-DA, CD-R, CD-RW
- SD cards (up to 512 GB)
- USB flash media (up to 2 TB)
- Supports exFAT file format and playback of various formats of video, image and audio from SD cards and USB flash memory
- Can access a Samba share on the network to play files located on an external server
- Comprehensive menu with many detailed setting options for image and sound
- Power-on playback with the following disc media: 4K/UHD BD, BD, DVD, CD-DA
- Seamless repeat by chapter, title or marked section (A–B)
- Last memory function allows to resume playback of disc media
- Several lock functions (panel lock, IR remote lock, tray lock)
- On-screen menu can be hidden
- Many outputs available (can all be used simultaneously)
- HDMI 2.0 audio/video output, HDMI 1.4 audio output (HDMI audio is only output via one connector at a time; HDMI 1.4 has priority)
- Separate 7.1 surround sound outputs (RCA)
- XLR balanced and RCA unbalanced stereo outputs
- SPDIF/Dolby/DTS digital output (coaxial)
- Up to 40 dB attenuation for audio outputs
- USB 3.0 port for high-speed data transfer
- Built-in power supply with IEC socket and removable mains cable
- Rugged metal enclosure
- 1U rack-mount size
- Included: Infrared remote control (RC-BDMP4K), mains cable, 3p-2p conversion adapter, rack-mounting kit, owner’s manual